27. June 2023 – 15:00 CEST – Online: https://app.bbbserver.de/de/join/f7b3aa40-9211-432e-8436-924b1db49542
We are delighted to announce the integration of BIDS (Brain Imaging Data Structure) with LinkAhead, an advanced open-source research data management system. This integration brings the powerful data management capabilities offered by LinkAhead to BIDS-compliant data structures. LinkAhead is an open source data management system designed to address the challenges researchers face in efficiently storing, organizing, and analyzing large and complex datasets. It provides a flexible and scalable infrastructure that enables seamless integration of diverse data types, facilitating collaboration and data-driven discoveries.
With our new module, the LinkAhead-Crawler seamlessly integrates with BIDS folder structures, enabling efficient data management and enhancing collaboration especially in projects where BIDS is used along side other data structures. Here are the key highlights of the integration:
- BIDS-Compatible Data Parsing: Our module can now read folder structures adhering to the BIDS specification. It parses the dataset_description.json file and file and folder names, extracting key-value pairs and translating them into LinkAhead Entities. This ensures that your BIDS metadata seamlessly integrates into the LinkAhead.
- Enhanced Data Organization: The BIDS data can be intuitively integrated in LinkAhead with other data. Allowing explicit references among different data Entities (BIDS and non-BIDS) facilitating storage of important relations and imformation.
- Enhanced Search capabilities: One major strength of LinkAhead is the search capability. The integration does not only allow to use it on the BIDS data but also in relation to other managed data. For example, you could retrieve all T1 weighted images from subjects for which also some non-BIDS data exists in LinkAhead. This ensures that your BIDS data is easily searchable and accessible.
We are excited about the potential of this integration to further enhance the usability and accessibility of the exemplary research data management that the BIDS standard provides. Researchers can now leverage the benefits of both frameworks, ensuring efficient data management and promoting reproducibility.
We would love to get your feedback and will host an online event on the BIDS integration on 27.6. at 15:00 CEST. In this online event we will present how you can integrate BIDS into LinkAhead. We will illustrate how working with BIDS and LinkAhead may look like and are looking forward to a discussion with the BIDS community.
- Matrix-Channel: https://matrix.to/#/#linkahead:matrix.org
- LinkAhead: https://www.indiscale.com/linkahead/
- Source Code: https://gitlab.indiscale.com/caosdb